Hello! We want to take this time to announce that TWO of your favorite release maps, created by Redon, have been updated and re-released: Memento and Frozen! We’ve included a brief review of each one along with their specific changes and download links, so check them out for some fresh “new” duel maps!
You of course know this one as a favorite for efficiency if you have ever played in the competitive scene. It is one of the classic duel maps and has its own unique and challenging layout/flow which attracts skilled players from all over Sauer. But behold, a fresh new take on the classic!
The new update includes:
– Part of the upper level has been lowered to allow jumping from the lower one up, as shown below.
– The clutter of boxes in the very bottom “pit” have been reduced to one nice platform. This makes jumping up to the above platform and teleport much easier if you get the spawn down there.
– A new area was added in the rooftops of the buildings to hold the healthboost.
– The level opposite the upper level was redesigned, and has turned out to be quite the counter-camping platform.
– The side “arch” area was changed to one open and less constricting room. Both changes can be seen here:
– The roofs of the cover pieces were reshaped to allow easier rocketing of an enemy camping on them, as shown here:
– The jumppad was lowered, so your enemy isn’t launched unnecissarily high above you when you are camping the upper level.
– The cages to the cave were redesigned for easier grenade spam.
– The item spawns were rearranged and more playerstarts were added.
– Three bases were added for small capture or hold games.
– Many visual things (prettier hills, prettier cave, new fog and lighting, and new details).
Yet another popular map for efficiency duels, Frozen also gets a makeover. The changes include:
– A wider corridor by the Yellow Armour.
– The platform in front of the Yellow Armour was re-positioned and redesigned for better flow and accessibility, as shown below.
– The two platforms in the center of the map (the ones with the grates) were given a no-clip/clip combination to allow the catching of grenades, as shown below.
– The ice was given a slippery surface.
– Uncountable changes to geometry and details, making the map look even more pretty.
– New snow particles.
– Improved lighting, fog, and a new skybox.
– The Healthboost and Green Armour traded places, as well as other item rearrangements and additional playerstarts.
You can download each map below, or check them out on Quadropolis for a complete and specific list of their updates. We hope to see you using them for your next duels!